Friday, January 11, 2013

Humpty Dumpty




Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall;
all the King's horses and all the kings men
couldn't put Humpty together again.

(the following verses were written by Sheldon Cheshire)

The King full of grace, appeared at the scene,
And put back the egg like had never 'for bein".
On the shell, not a crack and the egg looked like new.
But the inside, still scrambled, Humpty asked what to do.
"Oh Master," he said, "on the outside I'm well,
But the inside's an omlet, I'm sorry I fell.
Is there something to do that would restore my yolk?
Cause I don't feel quite whole if my insides are broke".

"My child," said the King, "that's just what I do,
But not by myself, I also need you.
You must be sincere, you must be contrite.
Just don't fall again--please try with your might".
"I won't said the egg. I'll try not to fall."
Then Humpty was whole--inside and all.

So if you ever fall and your insides feel broke.
Just remember our fellow and his scrambled up yolk.
Most, remember the King and how he heals the fall,
Passed below all mankind, then, He rose above all.


No comments:

Post a Comment